Comey hearings

StevenSteven Senior MemberPosts: 1,912 Senior Member
Didn't seem to be that much there, at least in the public session that just ended. Donald will live to tweet another day.

McCain has lost it.

Comments

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,627 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Didn't seem to be that much there, at least in the public session that just ended. Donald will live to tweet another day.

disagree.
    McCain has lost it.

Yeah it didn't go well. Poor ****. Ask not for whom the bell tolls.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    What do you think was there?
    Donald will live. I just think that a lot came out, about Loretta Lynch, Flynn, Trump's obvious intent to end the investigation, Comey forcing the issue of the special prosecutor, Trump's lying, etc.

It just ended so it will take a while to process.
    I found it. . .telling, I suppose, that Comey never felt the need to memorialize a conversation with either GW Bush or Obama in the way that he did with Trump. And we know that he talked to Dubya about matters of the utmost national importance. But he didn't feel like they would lie about what was said. I find that telling.
    I was thinking just in terms of Trump's survival. I don't think Comey did himself any favors with admitting that the leaks came from him.

I think the most important thing vis a vis Trump was that there was no attempt on his part to even insinuate that Comey drop the investigation into whether the campaign colluded with the Russians.

And I really don't see that much wrong with Trump asking that Comey announce he wasn't under investigation. I get why Comey wouldn't (particularly after Hillary), but asking seems reasonable.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    I found it. . .telling, I suppose, that Comey never felt the need to memorialize a conversation with either GW Bush or Obama in the way that he did with Trump. And we know that he talked to Dubya about matters of the utmost national importance. But he didn't feel like they would lie about what was said. I find that telling.

I agree, Comey called the Donald a liar, without actually saying the word.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

It leaves a bad taste, sure. But this guy's opinion that Trump couldn't be trusted to tell the truth, is, in the end, just one man's opinion.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 613 Senior Member
    The odor factor around the whole matter and the way the President conducted himself is pretty high but I agree--unfortunately Trump will be able to continue damaging the nation and the world.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,535 Senior Member

McCain has lost it.

That was embarrassing---he needs to hang em up
  • EugeneEugene Member Posts: 50 Member
    It's ironic that Steven would be the one trying so hard to convince us that the FBI Director is "just one man," whose opinion shouldn't matter much. Law enforcement's opinion seems to matter a lot when they're indicting a 20-something intelligence contractor as a way to distract from the elephant in Trump's Oval Office, but not so much now when it is drawing attention to that elephant.
    Since you've been reading my "junk" you'll know I didn't vote for Trump. He's odious, but so was Hillary.

FWIW, I wouldn't trust Trump to tell the truth either. The point that you failed to understand was that one man's opinion isn't going to affect **** in Washington D.C. Comey's opinion ain't a smoking gun.
    Question for you Eugene...you still waiting for the American Spring?
    Btw, sherb...Your boy Marco came off strong.
    Btw, sherb...Your boy Marco came off strong.

I had to run out and missed it, but by the commentary online I assume this is a joke?
    Question for you Eugene...you still waiting for the American Spring?

I had that thought, but I don't know. TimD was, like Pio, more of a materialist than a post-modernist.
    The odor factor around the whole matter and the way the President conducted himself is pretty high but I agree--unfortunately Trump will be able to continue damaging the nation and the world.

A rough consensus is forming around the notion that Comey's testimony didn't establish obstruction of justice. I guess we will see how it shakes out.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    It was really sad watching McCain stumble around and embarrass himself, seemingly unaware that he was not making sense.

Nothing I heard rose to the level of obstruction from my layman's understanding of the law, but there can remain few doubts that Trump is ill equipped to handle the Presidency. I would have loved to have been able to see the closed session (wouldn't we all :) ).
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    I had to run out and missed it, but by the commentary online I assume this is a joke?

No. He came out partisan (so ignore the lefties) but he did fine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file