Local Controversy

NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior MemberPosts: 9,070 Senior Member
Snowflakes don't like free speech...

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/story/news/2017/04/18/report-fair-wont-cancel-ted-nugent-show/100595254/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comments

• tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,846 Senior Member
    weird how the rightwads love a draft dodging pedophile who is a twice convicted poacher to boot

love how they suspend their actual conservative (and even supposed religious) beliefs when someone spews **** they happen to agree with
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,371 Senior Member
    tim_s wrote: »
    weird how the rightwads love a draft dodging pedophile who is a twice convicted poacher to boot

love how they suspend their actual conservative (and even supposed religious) beliefs when someone spews **** they happen to agree with

And some snowflakes **** and moan when people exercise their right to protest peacefully about the choice of entertainment at an event held on public property.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,639 Senior Member

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/story/news/2017/04/18/report-fair-wont-cancel-ted-nugent-show/100595254/

Its not a free speech issue.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,918 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »

It's a free-for-all
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Nickelback might be available..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Yeah. And you can pay them 74 cents on the dollar, too!
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,070 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    It's a concert but some don't like "his" free speech is the problem.

Forget the crap he says and just go there and enjoy his music if you like it or here's an idea...don't go at all if you don't like his music or political views.

That some want to cancel a musician from playing at a fair or be upset about it because of differing political views is just plain **** dumb.

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Yeah. And you can pay them 74 cents on the dollar, too!

NAFTA sucks..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 825 Senior Member
    Let 'em boycott. Then maybe tickets will be easier to get and I may fly out there for the concert and hear me a little "Cat scratch fever".
    Hammer Down!
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,070 Senior Member
    CO Native wrote: »
    Let 'em boycott. Then maybe tickets will be easier to get and I may fly out there for the concert and hear me a little "Cat scratch fever".
    Oh hell...you fly over this way and I'll even take ya trout fishing.

Forget the crap he says and just go there and enjoy his music if you like it or here's an idea...don't go at all if you don't like his music or political views.

That some want to cancel a musician from playing at a fair or be upset about it because of differing political views is just plain **** dumb.

Generally I'm not in favor of disinviting speakers or talent, but Nugent isn't a hapless academic or think tank fellow. He's a political bomb-thrower, and when you throw bombs, some are gonna get lobbed back your way. He's not JUST a musician, in other words.
    Anyway, the libs asked, the fair said no, so. . .nothing to see here. Nugent gets to continue to exercise his "right" to free speech.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    It's a free-for-all

Well done!!!
    I believe "Free For All" was the first hard rock album I ever owned. It was either that or "Rocks" by Aerosmith.
    Comic loves Nugent's music. That must cause him a fair amount of soul-searching.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,549 Senior Member
    Nugent: A no talent hack who now tries to get noticed and be even close to relevant by yelling outlandish things---Much like Trump

Plus...giving Real hunters a bad name by trying to convince you he is one

At first I couldn't get Joe's link to open. I guess my work computers don't like snowflakewatch.org.

So when I read your comment I thought to my self "When did Trump get busted for poaching?"
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,204 Senior Member

I will think about this while I look at Youtube videos of people being violently ejected from Trump rallies.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

I love how they get all upset about how immoral Beyonce is while celebrating a man that talks about **** during his concerts.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Maybe next year they can book the Dixie Chicks.
    I believe "Free For All" was the first hard rock album I ever owned. It was either that or "Rocks" by Aerosmith.

Mine was Houses of the Holy.
    I love how they get all upset about how immoral Beyonce is while celebrating a man that talks about **** during his concerts.

Hmmm, I wonder why that is...
    Because they have absolutely no integrity?
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    BLACK it's BECAUSE SHE'S BLACK

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Buffco wrote: »
    BLACK it's BECAUSE SHE'S BLACK

You sir, are correct.
    The Dixie Chicks are white. They choose ideology over class or morals each and every time.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    You sir, are correct.
    I knew it. Us people always be looking at the skin color before we weigh in with an opinion. Always.

The first lady never called Nugent a role model for her kids, so there's that.

Nah that can't be it. It's the black thing.

IMHO, Beyonce is just a modern version of Ann Margaret. She is a strong independent successful woman that never got pregnant until she was married and financially stable. I think she is a fine role model.

Huckabee calls Ted his best friend and Ted is a pig that was famous for dating under age girls.

Yes I like his music and if that was all he was doing, I would have no problem with any of it, including the jokes about oral sex. But he has lost his ever loving mind, if he ever really had one, and gone off the deep end politically. If there were a left wing equivalent spewing the same level of vitriol, conservatives would be screaming extremist and trying to get him banned from the radio.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file