O'Reilly

ricinusricinus Senior MemberPosts: 6,214 Senior Member
Brought down by a bunch of Snowflakes..

Mike
My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Replies

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    what a strange hill all of you have decided to die on.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »

Not planning on dying, plan to win..;)

Mike
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 2,064 Senior Member
    The thing is Mike's Canadian. So it's not even a real hill. It's like 74% of a real hill.
    As for O'Reilly, apparently it's not true that if you're a celebrity, you can just grab 'em by the you know what.
    Up yer kilt, Steven..:p

Mike
    Tell you the truth, I didn't even know where the Loonie was trading. Yikes!
    Hell, they were talking $.65 by fall depending on the price of oil and strength of the US$.. Guess we won't be buying American..

Mike
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,439 Senior Member

I don't get it? For real. I don't get what you are saying.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,821 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    Brought down by a bunch of Snowflakes..

Mike

OK if you say so. Now Glen Beck needs to go.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,413 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    As for O'Reilly, apparently it's not true that if you're a celebrity, you can just grab 'em by the you know what.

He did get away with it for over a decade.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,582 Senior Member
    He did get away with it for over a decade.

His old boss, Roger Ayles, was a snowflake - never humiliated him in public. A certain board member must be gushing with admiration for the tough love shown by the young Murdoch Bros.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    You sir are on fire.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Time and again prominent conservative personalities have failed to uphold basic standards of morality or even decency. Time and again the conservative public has rallied around them, seeking to protect their own against the wrath of a vengeful Left. Time and again the defense has proved unsustainable as the sheer weight of the facts buries the accused.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446913/bill-oreilly-roger-ailes-fox-news-mike-flynn-tomi-lahren-conservative-celebrity-culture-character

This is whey I didn't understand your "why die on this hill" quote from yesterday. O'Reilly hung himself with his own actions.
    O’Reilly’s fall can be an important act of public hygiene, but only if it represents the beginning of the end of a conservative culture that makes us behave like the cultural enemies we purport to despise. Otherwise conservatives will hand the Left more scalps, forfeit more public trust, and ultimately lose because of their single-minded quest to win.

Unfortunately, Fox News is in control. Has been for a long time. Ultimately, they don't care about winning anymore. Who do you think Hannity voted for? Guarantee that cretin pulled the lever for Crooked Hillary as that provides much larger ratings ($$$) for him and his ego. The monster is out of control.
    I was talking about the snowflake comment in the Original post but it only made sense in the context of yesterday's arguments.

I don't care about O'reilly.
    I agree 100% with that article. It's a great and honest and brave take.
    I agree 100% with That article. It's a great and honest and brave take.

Sure, I agree too. It isn't going to happen, but it is nice for someone to at least espouse a call to decency and honesty (on both sides).
    meteoric fall of Tomi Lauren?

What did I miss? To be honest I never understood why anyone would care what that embryo would have to say about anything she has all the life experience of a tick.

"feeding the same kind of instinct that causes leftists to lap up content from John Oliver, Samantha Bee, and Stephen Colbert." You do get that these are all comedians right?
    Political movements are about personalities, not ideas

I would argue that the choice between between Newt Gingrich and Bill Clinton was all about policy. At the end of the day despite his flaws, Americans preferred Clinton's vision of America over Gingrich's. I know that is a hard pill for conservatives to swallow. But the choice was not as superficial as some would like to believe.
    meteoric fall of Tomi Lauren?

What did I miss? To be honest I never understood why anyone would care what that embryo would have to say about anything she has all the life experience of a tick.

She's cute, so that helped. If we're honest, that constituted the majority of her appeal.

Anyway, her show got suspended after she said she was Pro Choice, and then the **** really hit the fan at the Blaze. Now she's been fired, is suing for wrongful termination, and being countersued by Beck and company. Its a mess.
    "feeding the same kind of instinct that causes leftists to lap up content from John Oliver, Samantha Bee, and Stephen Colbert." You do get that these are all comedians right?

yes. Do you? Does your party?

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/05/how-late-night-comedy-alienated-conservatives-made-liberals-smug-and-fueled-the-rise-of-trump/521472/
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 634 Senior Member
    She's cute, so that helped. If we're honest, that constituted the majority of her appeal.

Anyway, her show got suspended after she said she was Pro Choice, and then the **** really hit the fan at the Blaze. Now she's been fired, is suing for wrongful termination, and being countersued by Beck and company. Its a mess.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/05/how-late-night-comedy-alienated-conservatives-made-liberals-smug-and-fueled-the-rise-of-trump/521472/

From the Atlantic article:

"When Republicans see these harsh jokes—which echo down through the morning news shows and the chattering day’s worth of viral clips, along with those of Jimmy Kimmel, Stephen Colbert, and Seth Meyers—they don’t just see a handful of comics mocking them. They see HBO, Comedy Central, TBS, ABC, CBS, and NBC. In other words, they see exactly what Donald Trump has taught them: that the entire media landscape loathes them, their values, their family, and their religion."

That is rich in light of all the dissing of liberal snowflakes.
    ah, everybody's a whiny ****. Nature of modern life, I suppose.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 634 Senior Member

Agreed. Pride and ego are powerful forces.
    Social Media.. Gives everybody an audience..

Mike
    MonkeyDoes did.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,573 Senior Member
    It's Kimberly Guilfoyle. He wasn't wrong.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,582 Senior Member

This is pretty much true.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Um yeah.
    How many appearances by Hillary on Full Frontal?

The insulting is because Trump and his followers are just simply that absurd and well, stupid. Easy targets the lot of them.

BTW has this buttmunch ever watched Watters World?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file