I don't know if this ironic or what

But it's now fairly obvious that despite all the craziness of this election cycle, the laws of political gravity have reasserted themselves, and the technocratic centrist will be president, same as always.

Kudos to the dems for deciding that electoral suicide wasn't a winning move.

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    On behalf of the dems, I accept your kudos!
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,519 Senior Member
    You're welcome, Sherb.

You are right, Che vs. **** would have been a lose/lose proposition.

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,519 Senior Member
    Cruz is ****, not Trump. Trump is more Il Duce in my mind.

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    As John Oliver pointed out last week, **** really gets no respect.

**** is in hell right now, wondering what the eff a guy has to do to be the most evil man in world history.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,710 Senior Member
    Part of his punishment is that historians will always disagree about whether he or Stalin deserves the crown. Revisionists might say that Pol Pot wins, judged not on scale but on pure evilness.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    So many choices..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    I see we fail to comprehend the brilliance of John Oliver
    Steven wrote: »
    I see we fail to comprehend the brilliance of John Oliver

I won't get HBO until Bernie makes it free for everyone.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Cruz is ****, not Trump. Trump is more Il Duce in my mind.

Could totally picture the donald jumping through a flaming hula hoop in the Coliseum.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,567 Senior Member
    John Oliver is probably the most astute political comedian in history.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    I'm very curious to see what happens to both Trump and Bernie constituents after the election. How many will revert back to their civic non-participation? I think the anger will remain and what form will it take?
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    I won't get HBO until Bernie makes it free for everyone.

Most of Oliver's stuff ends up on YouTube..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • Also. . . holding up well.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,071 Senior Member

@Juliet said:
    Also. . . holding up well.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 2,202 Senior Member

You that bored?

I'm really bored, yes.

@sherb said:
    I'm really bored, yes.

Try knitting, or checking out whether certain people BBQing in parks have permits. Or fall back on religion - John 21:3 (but with better luck)

yesterday there was some yahoo shooting his pistol out by my place. I didn't call the cops.

He wasn't shooting at me. Mind your business.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@sherb said:
    yesterday there was some yahoo shooting his pistol out by my place. I didn't call the cops.

You must live very close to town. :) If we don't hear shots (varmints, deer eating farmer's crops, target shooting, plinking) a few nights a week we wonder why.

@George K said:

@sherb said:

You must live very close to town. :) If we don't hear shots (varmints, deer eating farmer's crops, target shooting, plinking) a few nights a week we wonder why.

I don’t live close to town at all, actually:)

It’s just that the thought of calling the cops for anything short of a homicide seems....excessive.

My threshold might be a bit lower than yours, but waddling racoons, bacon stealing dogs, politicians and religious tract distributors knocking on my door, BBQing without a permit and the like do not reach it. Someone putting Trump posters on my property just might. :)

@sherb said:

One time a buddy and I were shooting pistols in a place called Richie Canyon. As we were leaving, a police car was racing to where we were shooting. A couple of more rounds and we probably would have been arrested. We thought we were in a safe place. From then on it was strictly shooting at shooting ranges.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file