serious medical question for youse guyz

2»

Replies

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    73.6% of statistics are made up on the spot..;)

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Psuedo or Methylamine?

Oh, I don't know -- but you can be sure I'll hire the best people to run my meth lab, because those politicians -- they don't know anything about making meth. Totally incompetent.
    ricinus wrote: »
    73.6% of statistics are made up on the spot..;)

Mike

give or take 25%
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,724 Senior Member
    What Auntie Em has been saying X 100. My first wife died of breast cancer after 31 years of marriage. My second wife thus far is winning her battle with ovarian cancer.

It sounds like a hackneyed cliche, but get your affairs in order and then just keep on doing what you love with whom you love, and maybe take that long-delayed trip sooner rather than later.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    George K wrote: »
    What Auntie Em has been saying X 100. My first wife died of breast cancer after 31 years of marriage. My second wife thus far is winning her battle with ovarian cancer.

It sounds like a hackneyed cliche, but get your affairs in order and then just keep on doing what you love with whom you love, and maybe take that long-delayed trip sooner rather than later.

well, exactly -- and that's pretty much what I'm saying too -- being aware of the statistics and planning accordingly is neither grim nor fatalistic, IMO -- it's being responsible. Update the will this year, instead of "oh, some day we should really get around to it". Think about taking a trip to see the grandkids every other summer (or whatever finances allow) instead of assuming that you'll take them on great trips 10 years from now to make up for what you didn't do now.

Sorry about your first wife, and fingers crossed for your current wife. Have lost a lot of family members and close loved ones to various cancers, but I've seen a lot more survive it. And the trends just get better with time.

and now, with Joe Biden working on it....well, you know, it's pretty much a thing of the past. ;-)
    with Joe Biden working on it....well, you know, it's pretty much a thing of the past. ;-)

Didn't he invent the internet, or was that **** Cheney?
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,535 Senior Member
    with Joe Biden working on it....well, you know, it's pretty much a thing of the past. ;-)

Who knew that Turtle Wax and Mesiter Brau would be the cure?304.jpg
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,629 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »

Not to hijack Scott's post but I have thought often of your wife and wondered how she was doing. Glad to hear.

Scott, I hope that I can be as pragmatic as you if ever I get news of this sort. You're an inspiration.

Now go kick this thing's ****.
    Buffco wrote: »
    Not to hijack Scott's post but I have thought often of your wife and wondered how she was doing. Glad to hear.

Scott, I hope that I can be as pragmatic as you if ever I get news of this sort. You're an inspiration.

Now go kick this thing's ****.

Thanks. She's doing fine on estrogen-blocking therapy after surgery. Hers is a rare type of tumor that often does better with that than with chemo or radiation.

But now let's keep this about Scott.
    meh. Pretty much said all I've got to say about my situation. More than once. Jumping topics could be a big improvement. :-)

Glad she's doing well, George.

SB
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,580 Senior Member
    **** Cancer!!!!!!!
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file