cool video

tim_stim_s Senior MemberPosts: 1,846 Senior Member
i get a little sick of the go pro hero movies, and wanna be trout bum guys, and the 'i've got a $20k camera and a bug eye filter so i'm a photographer' racket

but this video is a little different.....

the non-profit, web based fly fishing group i work with (http://www.flyfishinginmaine.org) has been putting on a CFR Day camp for 8 years now.....essentially we take alum of the Maine CFR Retreat and do a follow up, one on one guided day in the Rangeley region of Maine....12-15 CFR alumni, a bunch of volunteer amateur and real guides....we get the ladies back out fishing (many of them don't get back out after their retreat), we add to the learning that took place at the Retreat, we give them a day.....and the Rangeley Region Guides and Sportsmen's Association puts on a dinner for us that evening

I guided the first 7 years.....I took this year off (i ran errands, took some photos, etc, etc) to help get some of our newer members involved.....and I hated it. Back to guiding next year. These women are pretty amazing, it really goes a long way towards reminding you what it is all really about...these ladies are pretty amazing

I'm rambling....watch the video......I'd love to see more groups in other states organize something similar....if anyone is interested, drop me a line....

http://vimeo.com/70820923
Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

Comments

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Great program and video.. Kudos to all involved..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • swiperswiper Senior Member Posts: 395 Senior Member
    Terrific job.
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Yep!

_______
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member
    Well done......
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • Bubba FinghasBubba Finghas Senior Member Posts: 145 Senior Member
    Great Job Bubba .. and for the record Don Lynch is a a rock star , Love that guy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file